Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hump Day - That just sounds so wrong!

It is Wednesday! Why do people call it hump day? Ok so I know it is the middle of the week and it is all downhill from there but still... it just sound funny to say "Hump Day". Lol I wonder if alot of people who have "a night" use Wednesday as the night because the name lends so well to it. Oh well... guess I don't have "a night" so I don't have to worry about it!

Everyone should be so proud of me! Last night I went out to dinner with Tim and we tried some place new. He wanted to go to Bonefish Grill (http://www.bonefishgrill.com/) so away we went. Let me explain that I don't do seafood. But last night I tried lots of different things!

First we had the "Bang Bang Shrimp" which has a spicy cream sauce on it. I honestly felt like it tasted like it was covered in nacho cheese! It was not too bad and I continued to eat it of my own volition - the texture was different.

Then I ordered the Lily’s Chicken which is fire-roasted chicken topped with creamy Chèvre Goat cheese, sautéed spinach, artichoke hearts and a lemon basil sauce. Ok so the first bite took me back to my childhood... very odd sensation. It was the goat cheese... I went back to this dairy/cheese farm that my family visited on vacation in Holland (I think). I could taste the cheese smell the area we were in and almost picture it. I honestly could only eat a few more bites of the cheese just because it was weird going back with every bite. Lol and it was served with veggies and the yellow squash was taking me back to my great grandma's in the summer... flashback are a little to out there for me.

Tim ordered some special for the night that had oh so yummy garlic mashed potatoes. It also had Mahi Mahi - different tasting could tell it was fish but not so bad that I refused to eat another bite. It was kinda crusted and was decent as fish goes. The plate also had scallops - now I still have no clue what scallops are - and I was told oh you have to taste this. It has a velvety texture that just melts in your mouth. Um... ok while I like the grilled taste of it I am not sure where he gets the velvety texture that melts in your mouth thing... it was kinda chewy to me.

But I tried it all and would try it again... don't ever think I could get an entire seafood dinner. That would just be too much for me. But tasting a few things off of others plates may be possible.

No comments: