Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tin Man... worth the 6 hours.

I finished watching the third instalment of the Tin Man last night. It was really good! Oh and I was right on the whole DG stands for Dorthy Gale... because the Dorthy from the Wizard of OZ is actually the how did they put it... Greatest of all your Great Grandmothers who you were named in honor of. Anyways it was really enjoyable to watch. I loved how they did the visual effects. Like in one scene she is remembering a place from her childhood being a great big beautiful lake and then when she gets there it is a burned out forest. So she finds the "perfect" stone to skip across the forest floor... and suddenly the forest floor is getting ripples across it like it was a lake... and then the trees sink into the ground and the lake appears just as beautiful as she remembers it. I would totally recommend it to anyone... I am hoping eventually they put it out on DVD because it would be a great stay in bed all day and watch movie.



Oh hey... I just want to prove to people that I do clean. see I cleaned up my windowsill at work. If anyone had seen it a few days ago it was much more cluttered and very dirty and cobwebby. But now look at that shine! And it is not as cluttered! Seriously folks this may just be a miracle. Shh don't tell, I did it more because I wanted to put a sweatshirt in the window to block the air blowing in & I had to take everything off to get at it.



Last night I started on a project for a Christmas present... so far I have glittered up a 12x12 page... but I am not sure how to continue from here. I would put up a picture and get opinions but just on the off chance that the recipient looks in on this page then I don't want to ruin the surprise. The paper I choose has a really large image on it so I am not sure how to incorporate pictures on it. I think instead I will just choose one picture and put the focus on it... but then I am afraid that it will be too plain... hmm.... I guess that is why I decked it all out with glitter. Lol here I am telling you all this but you don't know what I am doing so what good is it?



I also found some magnetic letters at Michael's that I am going to try to embellish but that will have to wait for another few days... tonight I have a FAFSA presentation at Kapun, tomorrow I have class, Friday I have a work Christmas Party (going to make spinach & feta cheese crescents) and Saturday I am helping out with a craft day at the Reno County Museum in Hutch.... so by the time I get back from that I might be crafted out. I don't know... maybe I can post a few pictures by Sunday of all the projects I am working on. Maybe! But for now I am going to show you a picture of the crafts I helped make at the Salvation Army Craft Day last Saturday. It was a really cute nativity scene made out of miniature flower pots. Mine did not turn out so pretty but who knows maybe next year they will be my gift that I give everyone... if I can get the whole making it look pretty thing down.

No comments: