Friday, December 7, 2007

What a day... or is it daze?

Wow I am tired! Yesterday was my volunteer event with a local charity's Christmas distribution center. I had 69 people sign up to volunteer for me throughout the day... food for 75... and plenty of work to do. Well being completely asleep when I was putting the dogs outside I did not notice the weather other than the cold blast of air, but at 6:30 in the morning thats normal. When I let them in 10 minutes later I had pup-cicles! They had ice in their fur because it was sleeting. Now the good majority of the 69 people are westsiders and the charity center is on the east side of town. This does not give a very good outlook for the day. I knew a few people would not show up because of the weather but I had about 10 show up instead of the 30 that had signed up for the morning... not good! I had so much food left over. Oh well, in the after noon at least 20-25 people showed up so that was good. Anyways in the afternoon they wanted a few of us to go shopping to make up the differences in their stock. Oh sure... going shopping to spend someone elses $2,500. If you ever have this opportunity say NOOOOO!!!! Just in case you were wondering K-Marts cash registers freeze up around 1,200 items (we had about 2,500 to buy) and then you get the fun experience of getting to ring everything up again. OMG! I swear I could have screamed by the time we were done. I think seriously from 9 until 7 I sat down for maybe 10 minutes all day. My legs and knees were killing me!

And then today... well long story short the Transnational Siberian Orchestra is in town tonight. I really really really really wanted to go but no one would go with me so I did not by a ticket. Low and behold a friend who told me there is no way they would go to it... is guess what going to it. I am a little upset... well really upset. Sadly it made me cry I was so frustrated. Oh well I guess I did not need to go anyways. That's what CD's are for right? Right... that's ok I don't believe it either. Oh well I at least hope they enjoy it... I know I would have.

So that is my griping for today. I am off work to go home make some spinach and feta cheese finger foods and off to a office party... and the weather outside is getting frightful so another cross town trek is in my future. So I hope everyone is safe and warm doing exactly what they want to be doing tonight because I will not be.

No comments: