Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Tin Man mini series is great!

Well I will admit it: I am not a real Kansas girl... I hate the Wizard of OZ. No particular reason just really don't care for it. So when the Sci-Fi channel started showing commercials for a mini series called "Tin Man" and the idea is that it is loosely based on the Wizard of OZ I was so ready to write it off as a crappy remake. But as the commercials started getting more interesting it wore down my resistance to the yellow brick road and I decided to watch it. Well Sunday came and went with me just taping it because Tyler wanted me to drive across town to drop off a coupon so he could buy himself a Xbox 360. I did not realize at the time that it was a two hour show so I hurriedly started to record it again after the first hour of recording shut off. Did not really know when I would watch it but heck at least I had it taped. Well last night I had no one to hang out with so I went home put on my blue & green pjs and sat down to watch the tape... but wait a look at channel 11 showed that they were rerunning it! So cool because after the first 2 hour episode they were playing the next 2 hour episode... 4 hours of Tin Man and I can tell you it is so much better than the Wizard of OZ! At first you really hate the "evil" witch but as it progresses you wonder if she really is the one to hate. Sounds weird not to hate the evil witch when she quite clearly is a very bad gal. But as DG (I assume it stands for Dorthy Gale - see they got that name in there) starts to unlock the memories in her mind you see that maybe she had a part in turning her big sis (sorry if I just ruined that surprise for you) into the evil witch that she is. I will have to find out tonight the ending to the story as they are playing the last 2 hour episode tonight. I can't wait... but I since I finally found a Wizard of OZ story I like I am going to see it through to the end... or at least if nothing better turns up.

Oh I have to share that I went out to Oeno's on Friday night with Tim and Brian. And I really liked the martini's I tried... well ok two of them were the Marilyn Monroe (I am pretty sure it was this... lol I don't think they would call a drink the Marilyn Manson but I could be wrong and it was dark in there) and they were really good. Very fruity with little alcohol taste. And then their friend Charly decided to tell us about a special just created not on the menu martini... um that one was not my favorite. It was the McGee and I think I got about half of it down before I just handed it over to time... way too strong of an alcohol taste in that one... although I was told it was pretty weak compared to the first two that were poured. Fine whatever it was still was to bitter for me. But everyone be proud of me I actually went to a bar... lol well a wine bar, it still counts right? Well I don't care what you think... I am going to count it!

While I was waiting on Tim to show up I went to a couple of the little stores... one I found a cheap ornament for the office Christmas party. It was only $1.50 and the lady wrapped it up all pretty. Yippy! Then I went into a card & paper store... and it was neat. I could not believe the price for some of their artwork. They had beautiful glass vases for like $30. Also alot of neat little stationery and other things. It is all located in the Old Town Square... which I found out is a very busy place when it is a Final Friday.

No comments: