Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow day and volunteer stuff = I have been busy

Ok so yestersay I woke up at 4 in the morning with a Veggie Tales Silly Song stuck in my head... mind you I don't have children it's not like it was something I had hear recently. But it would not shut off so I could not get back to bed. Oh and yesterday it snowed and my work closed (best kind of phone call to get at 6 in the morning - then a call from my mom at 6:20 - then a call from mil at 6:30) so I spent the afternoon working on cards! I got about 40 done. Some of them have metalic embelishments on them. Well I drove to Home Depot and got a huge bunch of the Ralph Loren (sp?) metalic paint chip samples then ran them through my cuttlebug (wonderful christmas present from little brother) an it worked perfectly... see now I have even more of a reason to go to the hardware store to stock up on my free supplies! So if any of you visit home depot snag a couple for me! You might just get a pretty card out of the deal!

Oh and today I used my grommet kit to help make financial aid banners for work. My boss was so impressed with my talent... not sure how hard it is to hit something with a hammer but hey if she thinks it's talent I will take it!

Plus I have been working on cordinating a volunteer event for the women at my work (faculty staff and students) the Habitat for Humanity is having a Women Build project and so far I have over 30 people signed up! I am so excited to have such a great turnout. My work gives us 40 hours of paid volunteer time so I think I may spend an entire week helping to build the house. Plus since I am a team cordinator I have to volunteer if I have others signed up so I guess it is great I have the 40 hours. Oh and (I know just so many fun things) I am starting up for our schools Charity Silent Auction. This year we are raising money for the American Cancer Society and The Free Wheelchair Mission. It was started by an alum of Newman University (where I work and am an alum twice over) and if you are interested in learning more you can visit here: http://www.freewheelchairmission.org/. It seems like a really worthwhile cause so I am excited to get started on that. As soon as the date is ok'ed by the higher ups then I get to start soliciting donations... that is always the fun part. No I take it back when the donations start to come in that is the fun part... kinda like christmas even though I can't keep any of them.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: