Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A night of firsts.... and boy howdy was it fun!


Last night was a couple of firsts for me… but I am only going to share one with you all as the other is, well, quite frankly none of your business! Guess what the other first was! Well have you guessed yet? Sorry you guessed wrong… last night I learned to play beer pong! Surprisingly it was a lot of fun! Although the first round was a bit hard to chug down because I was playing with Crown and Dr Pepper, since I don’t like beer… mind you there was not a lot of Crown in them. But I found something out Crown and Dr Pepper is gross mixed together and taste like the brown tootsie pops. You know where they have the chocolate flavored candy on the outside and it doesn’t taste quite right because it is not really chocolate. Yeah… I was able to gulp down the first oh 7 glasses or so and after that they were hard to finish because of the taste. Besides that was more liquid than I normally drink in a day. So the second round I went with beer… although there was no faith that I could handle using two beers like you are supposed to fill the 10 glasses so only one was used. Oh well they were a lot easier to chug down than the Crown and Dr Pepper. But you know what… I had a blast! It would have been more fun with more people… although anyone on my team may or may not have been mad because I was not a good shot. Although I think I got both balls into one cup at one point. So yea me! Oh and how horrible is this… one of the balls bounced out of a cup right in front of me and I accidentally knocked it back into my cup… score for the other team! See this is why I don’t play sports; I would end up scoring for the other team, a lot. I am sad and pathetic but that was the most fun I have had ever… and the most I have ever had to drink in my life. I was told that I talked a lot last night and my cheeks were red so I was buzzed, wouldn’t really know since I have never drank that much. I kinda figured as long as what I was saying was nice and not sad and depressing stuff then I was still in control of what I was saying, so go me. Anyways I can’t wait to play it again… better believe it will be with beer… no more nasty brown tootsie pop alcohol for me.

And I want to share a scary on the money horoscope that I found. It was in the latest Tattoo Society Magazine (I think). They are horoscopes for the morally impaired by Madam Govina. Here is what it says for all the Libras in the house: “I know you like to get all “Pollyanna” this time of the year; feeding the homeless, donating to local charities, spaying and neutering all the feral cats in the neighborhood. It’s a lovely thought, really, but you might want to leave some of that to the professionals. Try not to blow your whole load. Save some of that cheery optimism for New Years. You’re going to need it.” How scary is that? I have at least 7 or 8 volunteer activities on my plate right now… don’t know if I am quite to the Pollyanna stage yet (which if you don’t know who Pollyanna is you are not watching enough Hallmark when they play the old movies) but I am still doing my best. Plus New Year’s Day is my anniversary and sadly I will need to save a bit of the cheery optimism (fake or real it makes no difference) for that day. Whoever Madam Govina is I want to meet her! I am sure she is more real than Ms. Cleo was… hey whatever happened to her. She was always on the TV doing her little Jamaican accent (and yes as I am typing the voice in my head is talking with that same accent) telling everyone she was there to guide them. Now nothing… actually you don’t see too many psychic commercials anymore. I guess all the text commercials took that over… why charge $1.99 a minute when you can charge $3.99 a text and a monthly fee of $9.99 and send 10 texts a day?

See my progression of random ideas mystery first, beer pong, horoscopes, psychics and text messages. Wow how can I follow that up? Oh I know this idea popped into my head while I was in the shower this morning. I always save the little fortune cookies fortunes if I like them. Like on my computer right now I have one taped up that says “the near future holds a gift of contentment” but I never know what to do with them. So I am going to tape them into my planner – got a really pretty new planner for 2008. The old one I had several sayings about God… so I am going to write them smaller and put them in the front cover and decorate the back cover with the fortunes… I know not really all that exciting but I never promised you that I would entertain you all the time! So you can re-read the beer pong section and be slightly entertained before you close the window down.

No comments: