Monday, November 12, 2007

Smoothness!

I will be the first to admit my name should be Graceless. Last night at Wal-mart I was bending down to look at a clearance Halloween item and smacked my head into a little price sign thing. Today my forehead still hurts! I guess I am just lucky that I don't have some big black and blue bruise on my face... wait - yup just checked and there is no large bruise! What story could I have come up with to go with a large forehead bruise? I was cast in a "Could Of Had A V-8" commercial and got repeatedly smacked in the head? That actually might work with what type of item I was reaching for... Halloween candy. Yup that is what I am going to tell people if a bruise shows up I was in a V-8 commercial! I hate V-8 too so I promise I would have been the one getting smacked in the head!


Oh look! I was finally sent pictures of the centerpieces that we made for the presidential inauguration day luncheon at work. Theses pictures are not the best but oh well... they were very pretty and then they were put on a square glass. Very free flowing and fun to make. I like doing projects where there is no right or wrong answer. Basically for these there was a blob of clay in the center of a plate then you stuck twirly twigs in it going random directions. The first picture is of the group of gals that I worked with to make them. Like how I am hiding behind all the twigs? I really love all of these fun gals... and for some of them this whole free flowing no right or wrong answer things was a very hard to deal with concept. But they all turned out great! So if anyone needs a cheap but pretty centerpiece I am willing to help out! I think these ended up being like $5 a piece. I guess I could have saved their budget some as the blue dinner plates they chose are one of the sets of dishes I have. I guess they are my "cheap" dishes... but who really cares I like the color of them! Besides there is nothing wrong with Wal-mart dishes. My really expensive orange and red German dishes are all cracked and chipped after 3 years of use. Not like I ever have anyone over to eat off of them anyways!

No comments: